Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy Effective June 15,2021 a Minimum Advertised Price policy on all Southern Style Offroad, LLC., products will be in effect (herein referred to as “MAP policy”). As used in this MAP policy, “reseller” means any reseller, distributor, sales representative or dealer. By not adhering to the established MAP policy, a reseller can dramatically diminish or detract from the perceived value of Southern Style Offroad’s products. The global impact of the internet can cause great harm to any company’s products if they are advertised at prices that will eliminate legitimate retail competition.
This MAP policy is intended to allow consumers to purchase from resellers based on loyalty and customer experience. In the interest of protecting both resellers and consumers, it is necessary to abide by the following requirements.
- The Minimum Advertised Price for any SSO product shall be no less than the current Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the SSO price list. This Minimum Advertised Price is established by SSO and may be adjusted by SSO at such time and in such amounts as it may determine at its sole discretion.
- You shall not list SSO products on any third-party website, such as Amazon, ebay, Overstock, etc. or any others, without prior written consent from SSO. Selling SSO products on your own website associated directly with your store(s) is permissible so long as this MAP policy is adhered to.
- This MAP policy applies to all advertisements of SSO products in any and all media, including, but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, internet or other electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products, with a product covered by this MAP policy, would be contrary to the MAP policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the Minimum Advertised Price.
- This MAP policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All resellers may offer SSO products at any price in excess of the Minimum Advertised Price.
- The MAP policy does not, in any way, limit the ability of any reseller to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors’ price,” that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar meaning as long as the price advertised or listed for the product is not less than the Minimum Advertised Price.
- SSO maintains the right to run a temporary sale at its discretion, and in such case, the Minimum Advertised Price will be the same as the temporary sale price on those particular items for that particular time period.
- SSO reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend a reseller’s account if SSO reasonably believes: (i) a reseller has violated the provisions of the MAP policy; or (ii) a reseller intends to violate the MAP policy.
- SSO’s MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, as well as for determining appropriate consequences and sanctions.
- SSO monitors the advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of third party agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any SSO investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a SSO MAP policy investigation is a violation of the MAP policy.
- The MAP policy will be enforced by SSO in its sole discretion and without notice. Resellers have no right to enforce the MAP policy. Violations of the MAP policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law.
- All questions related to the MAP policy should be directed to: [email protected] The MAP policy has been established by SSO to help preserve and protect the reputation of SSO’s name, brand and products. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure resellers have the incentive to invest resources into services for SSO’s customers.